The Covid-19 pandemic has had repercussions in different industries and at different levels. Many companies have been forced to restructure to respond to the uncertain economic situation, with employment security at stake.
The current pandemic is likely to speed up the digital transformation process. Therefore, to emerge stronger from this crisis, companies will need to quickly define the skills needed and reskill their employees.
CoSkill aims to strengthen the position of individuals in the labour market and support the private sector in Skåne and Blekinge, by helping companies to identify adequate skills required in this context and providing free skills development programs to their employees.
CoSkill is funded by The European Social Fund and is the result of a cooperation between Region Skåne, Region Blekinge, and various cluster organisations.
The efforts will target a wide range of industries at different levels and has four focus areas:
- Innovation Management
- Industry 4.0
- Digital Presence, and
- Digital Excellence.
Mobile Heights, in collaboration with Blue Science Park, leads Digital Excellence or so-called “Digital Spets”, which has an explorative orientation and aims at knowledge-intensity industries.
The project aims to increase competitiveness in Skåne and Blekinge and to strengthen the position of individuals in the labour market during and after COVID-19 pandemic by helping small and medium-sized companies to identify the skills needed in the ongoing digital structural transformation and providing free skills development programs to their employees.
Examples of activities and support offered by CoSkill:
- Identify the skills needed in small and medium-sized companies in Blekinge and Skåne to strengthen their employees´ position in the labour market.
- Educate individuals in Blekinge and Skåne to help companies face the COVID-19 economic consequences.
- Support companies with the right methods and tools to define skills development strategies.
- At the individual level, the men and women who have developed their competencies through CoSkill will strengthen their position in the labour market.
- At a company level, small and medium-sized companies in Skåne and Blekinge will increase their ability to face the financial situation through skills development programs for their employees.
- At the regional level, cluster organisations in Skåne and Blekinge will reinforce their preparedness for supporting companies to implement skills development strategies.
JOIN THE PROJECT
If you are interested in knowing more about the project, please contact:
+46 70 237 41 58